Sunday, March 17, 2013

Meet the Dolphins!

I will introduce you to the dolphin residents! There are 4 dolphins currently living at CMA, Winter, Hope, Panama and Nicholas. They were all rescued from the ocean.

Winter is an inspiring little dolphin. She was rescued December 10th, 2005, off the coast of Mosquito Lagoon in Florida. She is such a sweetheart and always makes me smile. She is truly an incredible dolphin. I had the amazing chance to meet her last time I went to CMA and it was the best time in my life. Winter lost her tail when she was two months old. After overcoming many challenges, a prosthetic tail was made for her.

Hope is the youngest dolphin at CMA. She was rescued December 11th, 2011, also off the coast of Mosquito Lagoon. Hope is so sweet and playful. I got to spend a lot of time with her when I last went to CMA and that is something I will always cherish because I was able to establish a bond between her and I!

Panama is the oldest dolphin at CMA. She was rescued in October 2000 and has been at CMA ever since. She was rescued near Panama City, FL, so that is where she got her name. She is so full of love and happiness. Panama sure knows how to capture people's hearts. Panama is "Winter's adoptive mother."

Nicholas is the only male dolphin at CMA. He was rescued December 24th, 2002. His was rescued with his mother, who was named Noelle, but unfortunately she passed away soon after. Nicholas suffered 3rd degree burns, but he doesn't let that stop him from being happy. Nicholas LOVES getting people soaked!


~Written by Katie~



No comments:

Post a Comment